We are often used as a one stop shop for information about a range of issues such as benefits, housing, care options, as well services to support independence including mobility aids, gardening, cleaning and shopping. Get in touch if you are not sure of a phone number or where to go to get help.
- Drop into the office or telephone
The office is open weekdays from 9.00 am – 4.00 pm.
- Home visits are possible when required.
- Free Legal Advice: half hour appointments for advice on making a will or setting up legal power of attorney with a solicitor on Fridays or Wednesdays. The sessions are offered by Schofield Sweeney Solicitors, Oakwood Solicitors, Levi Solicitors, and Morrish. Ring up to make an appointment.
- Support with the Cost of Living We manage the Household Support Fund for the Alwoodley Ward. We have shopping vouchers and Fuel Vouchers for pre-payment meters to local people, including those under the age of 60, who are struggling with the cost of living.
Other good sources of information
- Leeds Directory
- Leeds Domestic Violence Service
LDVS works with women, men and families in Leeds, offering emergency accommodation, support, advice and advocacy. LDVS supports anyone experiencing domestic violence and abuse and actively encourages people from LGBT+ communities to access our support.
- Age UK
- Leeds Older People’s Forum “Working towards a city for all ages”
- MindWell, the mental health information hub for Leeds.
- Join Dementia Research. This NHS service gives people access to information about the latest research into dementia and potentially the opportunity to participate in dementia research.
- Carers Leeds Help for unpaid carers supporting a friend or family member due to their illness, disability or mental health issue
- Care and Repair Information, advice and support to help you make informed choices about independent living.
Next-door Neighbourhood Networks
The Schemes adjacent to MAECare are shown in the sketch map below. They are (clockwise from the top)
- Wetherby in Support of the Elderly (WISE) Website
- Swarcliffe Good Neighbours Website
- Seacroft Friends & Neighbours Website
- RVS Community Action for Roundhay Elderly (CARE) Website
- RVS Chapel Allerton Good Neighbours Scheme (CAGN) Website
- RVS Meanwood Elders Neighbourhood Action (MENA) Website
- Older People’s Action in the Locality (OPAL) Website